What Are the Benefits of Double-Glazed Windows?
Having double-glazed windows installed is not a small investment. The money involved will prompt many people to ask if the investment is worth it, and which benefits double glazing will bring over single glazing.
The good news is that double glazing offers numerous benefits, including the following:
- Reduced Energy Costs: Double glazing is effective at preventing heat from passing through from one side to the other. This makes it easier to keep your home warm (or cool), reducing your energy bills and increasing the comfort of your home. Argon gas, warm edge spacer bars low emissive glass and even krypton gas are used to lower energy consumption and bills.
- Improved Security: Double glazing is usually a lot stronger than single glazing, helping to give your home security a boost. Toughened and laminated glass is also a consideration and should be discussed with your designer.
- Protects interior furnishings: Double-glazing installations also offer more protection from the harmful UV rays that can cause damage to your furniture and carpets. A UV film can also be added to double glazing to offer further protection.This can be worth considering in larger expanses of glass such as that used in patios and bi folding doors where large amounts of sunlight will enter.
- Sound Insulation: Double glazing can also be effective at helping to insulate against sound. This means your home will be quieter, with less external noise making it into your home. Acoustic glass can also be added to help further if noise is a particular problem.
- Improved Aesthetics: Double glazing often looks better aesthetically than single glazing. Not only will this help make your home look great, but it can also make it more appealing to potential buyers.
Above is just a small example of the benefits that double-glazing offers. Overall, double glazing offers reduced energy costs, improved home security, improved home comfort, and better looks. Perhaps most important to many people is that the reduced energy costs will help pay for having double-glazing installed in the first place.
Published December 13, 2022